Pod Your Reef

I got tired of waiting to buy a nano skimmer...

Nico

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JAMAICANreef

mucho thanks...maybe we can all get togther and put them together...unless that is...you think it isnt difficult...really want the skimmer mod though...hows the brown stuff coming?

thanks,

Nikko

Last night I raised the collection cup about 3/4 up and it pulled out a darker skimmate. Seems like the more it breaks in the darker the skimmate.

Nick

can't wait to see the plans, sure u dont want to build another ? ahahhaha i'm lazy. Or should i say i dont have the free time? lol

I dont know if this is rude or what but how much did you invest in building this?¿?

I also agree w/ everyone else..., I cant wait for some plans

Total cost me close to $80...reason being is, I don't own any cutting tools or machines so, I had acrylic custom cut at the shop, which cost me around $8 - $9 a cut. If you own some nice tools, the whole project could cost you about $20-$30 to build.

Nick

Originally posted by Nico

It's produced by a spayjet with a maxi-jet 900.

Do you mean that the spayjet is the one which comes with the maxi-jet kit?

No, I modded a 1/2" 90 degree elbow with an end cap on one end. I drilled two holes in the end cap then fixed it to the elbow. Unfortunately, I have no pic's of the construction...but I'll try to put together some plans to post soon.

No, that's the way the elbow is shaped. I bought an end cap and drilled two holes in the center of it, than I attached it to a similar elbow inside the skimmer. Unfortunately, there's no way of showing the inside of the skimmer since, it's all sealed.

Finally I got it. Thanks. I planned to make a skimmer for my maxijet 600. Do you have any recommended size for my reference?

Your skimmer is really a nice one! If you would kindly post your design diagram that would be great!

I would love to see some drawings of this....I would love to try to build one from your idea if you wouldn't mind!!!

Thanks

Chris

Archived