Top Shelf Aquatics

What's wrong with my Red Bubble Tip Anemone?

mooglemoogle

mooglemoogle

Can anybody out there tell me what's goin on with my anemone from these pictures? It seemed fine last night when I went to sleep. It was fed within the last two days, the salinity is at around 1.023. pH is correct. Nitrates are low. The Sebae there is hosting the anemone. Can anyone help?

I appologize for the poor quality. It's all I've got though.

small01.jpg

small02.jpg

how old is your tank? the usual recommendation for anemones is to not put them in a tank that hasn't been set up for at least 6 months. water quality/stability is much more important that lighting as of right now, i think tmoney. lighting is important, but i'm guessing this tank hasn't been set up for long at all. :/

mooglemoogle

You would be absolutely correct. The tank has been set up for about 3 to 4 weeks now. But all of the sand and rocks came from a tank that has been set up for a few years and everything has been pretty stable. Also the lighting is a 70 watt metal halide and two actinics. It has been in the tank for a little under a week now and has had good days and bad. I'll go ahead and check all the levels in the tank to see how things are doing though. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi, hopefuly I wont have the same problem since my tank is been setup for 6 weeks, finished its cycle in 3. I bought it yesterday night, today it is completely open and seems happy. Was yours always like that?, or it looked fine at the begining?

Archived