ReefCleaners.org

Where to buy JBJ nano cube 24 DX?

ungp

Cholesterol

Only one I know who has any in stock is Chris at www.nanocustoms.com.

Even if you want to go with a stock configuration, I think the service you get at NC makes it the place to go. You're talking about shipping a thin glass box across the country, and there have been many reports of cubes getting damaged in shipment. I'm confident you'd get excellent support (if you needed it) from nanocustoms.

The new 24's are becomming extremely difficult to come by very quick. Most of the 24's we got in were actually spoken for from pre-orders. Chris knows exactly how many, if any, are left over from our first lot. Hopefully JBJ will be receiving more in the near future.

I picked mine up here in Los Angeles (course, thats where they are made....) for $200.00. Stock with the L.E.D.'s.

Now, all Deluxe models DONT come with the L.E.D.'s.

In my opinion the night lights are way cool!

They would be very easy to install if you got one that didn't have any, though.

The first cube I set-up cracked within 45 minutes.

Everyone I talked with (here and elsewhere)seems to blame the shipping

(thin glass)....so, good luck! Maybe spend a few more dollars to be able to return it easily if need be. Just a thought.

Originally posted by reef-luva

I picked mine up here in Los Angeles (course, thats where they are made....) for $200.00. Stock with the L.E.D.'s.

Just to offer some insight on this. These tanks are definitely not made in the United States. They are manufactured and assembled in China and shipped overseas via ocean freight. This also explains why the new 24g tanks were stuck in containers at the LA/Long Beach port for much long.

As a buyer at my other job, I have actually talked with other buyers at my company who have been to the same factories where these are produced in China. Isn't it wonderfull how so much of what we import comes from there? :*(

Also, regarding the LED lights. They are alright, but the only problem is that they are on the same circuit as the main lights. So, you can't have the moonlights and daylights on different timers. You have to manually turn off the main lights in order to still use the moonlights. Kind of a pain if you ask me. I would prefer modding the moonlights to be on their own circuit and powered separately.

I agree about the LED's and they are not that bright either PLUS they are only two seperate lights as opposed to a full row or one long one.

I plan to modify before my corals go in. I mispoke, I meant that JBJ is based in L.A. , your right Nick, the cubes are manufactured over seas...like most of the products we consume here in the U.S....sad, too sad.

Archived