Cultivated Reef

Host for my clown

xsamx

My clown needs a Host! It looks like hes confused and knows something is missing! I was thinking about a torch coral but I don’t like the fact that if my hand comes into contact with it, its possible I’ll be in "Sever pain". I was also thinking about a GSP, they both look like great hosts for clowns... I guess what im trying to ask is, what does everyone else have for their clowns hosts?

huh? what are you talking about? a torch will not harm you, yeah it has streamers and has the ability to sting but that applies to other corals. the sting it would administer to a human wouldn't be felt. i know, i handle them all the time, i've never been stung, it actually feels cool to run your hand through one when it's fully extended.

now then, your clown will host in whatever it so feels like, so stock your tank with whatever corals you want and it will host in something, i've seen clowns host in all types of soft corals, mushrooms, zoos, even a clam.

Originally posted by willlgr1

huh? what are you talking about?  a torch will not harm you, yeah it has streamers and has the ability to sting but that applies to other corals.  the sting it would administer to a human wouldn't be felt.  i know, i handle them all the time, i've never been stung, it actually feels cool to run your hand through one when it's fully extended.

now then, your clown will host in whatever it so feels like, so stock your tank with whatever corals you want and it will host in something, i've seen clowns host in all types of soft corals, mushrooms, zoos, even a clam.

really, i read somewhere that they sting! WTF... Man, i guess the wise thing to do, is less reading and more doing!

Originally posted by xsamx

really, i read somewhere that they sting! WTF... Man, i guess the wise thing to do, is less reading and more doing!

i don't know anyone that would advise that, always read before you buy, just check multiple sources as see if all the info reads the same.

Archived