lets play guess that critter

Auryn

these are just some of the things in my tank i dont know how to id

let me know if u need a better pic to help the id

worms.jpg

redhair.jpg

gorgonia.jpg

or let me know if u want to see a bigger zoomed in pic

#1 i would most definitely say is a type of nudibranch, assuming it moves around, and because of its color and appendage its probably specialized at eating some coral or sponge. who knows though, keep an eye one em though.

so #1 has now moved itself to a different part of the same rock

still cant figure out what it eats- it just seems to sit there and spread out its little tentacles that come out of one end.

I think that the white things sprouting out of the rocks and those white turd looking worms are all the same things

the fixed ones i guess just found a hole they like and stay put- the others are still house hunting- looking for a neighborhood with good schools i gues s

• 5 weeks later...
formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

no.1 looks like a baby sea cucumber- does it stuff the tenticals into its mouth one at a time?

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

maybe it is a nudi, but it sure looks like a cucumber.

look at the spikes protecting the tenticals. thats exactly what the end on my cucumber looks like. the other spines also.

Number one is NOT a nudibranch. It IS a sea cucumber.

Number 2, can't tell--get a better pic.

Number 2B, sponges. I think. Can't remember for sure, but I do know it's nothing harmful.

Number 3 is red hair algae, very hard to control and will smother corals. Try to get it out of there.

Number 4, get a better pic.

Yeah... None will hurt you or your tank's inhabitants. Maybe the red hair algae, but only if it grows too much.

Wilson & Co
Originally posted by Auryn

redhair.jpg

Hi all-

working on my 2.5 nano and got what looks identical to the "green fingered anemone" on the right of this picture.... possibly aptasia?

Can anyone positively id that for me? It's going at a rapid rate and i'd like to eliminate it asap if needed before adding my corals...

BTW- Can they harm mushrooms of any types??

Thanks

Wilson & Co
Originally posted by mushroom head

Those dont look like anemones they look like GSP.

thank you--

yes after some digging on here they are in fact GSP.

It's been a while since I last dabbled in polyps/corals... in fact this is my first "Reef only" tank. hence the newb question.

Thanks and I feel better!

Archived