ReefCleaners.org

24g NANO CUBE questions and concerns...

DKreefkeepers

DKreefkeepers

I just purchased a 24g nanocube. I was directed to this site to ask about a skimmer mod to these tanks. I have no idea what that is... I am totaly new to reefs and this will be my first attempt. I have already recieved tons of valualbe info on things to do and not to. One thing I am also curious about is the lighting... I was told thatI woudl nto ba able to keep clams and some types of corals. If I were to add another 36w pc would that be sufficient to keep these types or would I need a MH retrofit? I was also told to ditch the bio balls and just let the live rock do the bio filtration and maybe add some carbon from time to time. I want to keep corals like frogspawn, pulsating xenia's, diffrent types of hammers and maybe a leather. Will the stock lights support any of these? I also want to have maybe like 3 small reef safe fish, will I need any additional bio filtration to support these guys? Also could I put a protien skimmer in the black space where the bio balls would be? Sorry for the long winded post, I just ned some anwsers I plan on getting some stock in it this weekend....

thanks for any info!

Here's a GREAT thread concerning setting up a Nano Cube. This helped me out a lot.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...nano+cube+setup

It will take you a little while to get used to the lingo on this forum but this is an invaluable source of knowledge, experience and advice! Don't be afraid to ask questions, people are willing to help here. You might get the occasional blowhard, but there are some great people on this site too - Web Guy, steelhealr, NanoBob and artarmon42 all come to mind.

By the way, that little cube of glass you just bought . . . eats money and time!

Cheers -

sNEIRBO

Archived