Cultivated Reef

Micro feeding?

FishFreak

I'd order some cyclopeeze, its that good of a food. Its not just good for coral, but for fish too. Freshwater fish as well. A stick of it can last quite a while, they dont skimp.

Mysis should be fine, just not the jumbo pieces, maybe like 1/2 a shrimp or so.

gl!

Fishfreak,

I use freeze dried cyclopeeze and zoplan. Mix them up and squirt it over the micros. I feed my almost everyday and they are puffed up like on steroids.

You can get them both at drsfostersmith.com. They are both only about $7 or $8 each.

Nick

Do you mind me asking where you bought them and how much? Wanna do any trades in the future? Have you seen any growth?

the pink seems to have lost some color.

The micro's are doing great. They have puffed up much more since I got them and it's been less than 2 weeks.

The color is getting even better. The pic's above just taken today are under full camera flash and that is why the color is washed out. My regular lights and actinics were off when I took the pic.

I would definitely trade with you. I'm just waiting until the bigger piece grows about 10 new polyps and then I will frag.

I'll keep you in mind.

Nick

I'm trying not to watch the growth of them or I will go crazy. I think the half polyps I have are filling out more but not turned into full polyps yet.

I mounted them onto some dead coral and used epoxy to build up around the polyps so they spread horizontally. I heard this was better for their growth from Uchiha.

Nick

Archived