Innovative Marine Aquariums

bubble trouble

SundownRocker

SundownRocker

I purchased a bubble coral about a month ago. He was doing well, and I went out of the country for a month (a friend took care of the tank). When I returned, I noticed that it isn't inflating to it's potential (as it had) and even completely deflates during the day sometime. At night it is fine as far as tenticles go.

Everything else in the tank is fine and no major change has taken place. It is placed near the top of my 24g nano. Is it possible that it has too much light or something? your help would be appreciated.

Sometimes new corals puff up too much. This isn't a good thing--it means they're sort of reaching out as far as they can. Read it on RC from one of the big guys--Fenner, Calfo, can't remember who. So maybe it's just normal now? But feeding is definitely a good idea for all LPS--my bubble loves eating. Oh, and they are pretty tolerant of light, so it isn't that.

OscarGuyGoneNano

Mine seems to go through stages. One day it puffs way up and others not as much. I'd try to move it down and see how it does. I keep mine on the bottom of my tank (seems to be happy there). I've had this one for almost a year. Careful if you feed it, It is scary how fast they grow when fed.

yellowbird53

What about feeding feather dusters, hammerheads, zoos, etc PhytoPlankton. Is it adequete, and if so how often? Should it be target fed? Thanks for your time

Archived