Pod Your Reef

Pico Idea?

Funky_Fish14

Funky_Fish14

Hey all, just wondering what you think of my idea, and looking for any imput you may have. Thanks.

The media, foam, and overflow will run all the way across the back. wall that divides the tank/fuge areas. I dont know what im doing for a light yet. Im probably going to have an open top aswell. The return line will be split into two and both outputs each pointing toward one of the front corners. THe rock will probably be a pile in the middle or into one of the corners but I would like to cover the outputs while still allowing the flow to happen. The return will probably be a micro-jet or mini jet or which ever is the better one. -Edit: Also the fuge area will have a micro heater and some macro probably. Probably a few pieces of LR and some LS too. I'll probably put a baffle where the return pump is on one of the sides and also block the overflow on that part so its forced to go into the return pump area. Im also probably going to use 1/8th" glass but might go 3/16th, and I dont know whether I want to cover the top yet or not, because of evap.- Here is the pic.

12692Mini_Idea.jpg

Thanks for your input!

Chris

no need for filter media or foam in a reeftank... except you wanna throw in some coal from time to time or you want to use zeovit constantly... but other than that, the rock and sand are your filtration... maybe you can put a small skimmer in that chamber where you plan adding media...

mushroom head

Looks like a good idea but i would not use a sponge unless u want to clean it every few days.I would put a nozzle on the PVC coming in the tank so u can direct the flow.

Funky_Fish14

Hey,

Yeah I forgot to put that I am going to put some nozzles. Also I was thinking about it and im thinking I may use a maxi-jet 400 as a return or else an eheim aquaball. I am not sure if a 48 times per hour turnover will be too much, but with approx 53gph comming out of each nozzle I dont that that will be that much. But I may need to go down to the 72gph you can get from the aquaball. Or something else with a similar output.

As for media, Thats where I will put the carbon....I also will probably put in some chemipure, also thanks I know how the filtration works in a reef tank since I have 2 already. Why are you suggesting putting a skimmer on a 2.2g tank? Also how on earth do I fit a skimmer in that(the media chamber)?!?!

As for the sponge, I dont think I'd have to clean it every few days...maybe once a week at the most. Also I dont mind doing this.

Mushroom Head, Glad to see another Canadian on here!

Chris

mushroom head

Thats what i meant is once a week.I clean my sponge once a week.Do u have any coral that i want to frag for me?I might be going to Edmonton soon.

Funky_Fish14

I have some zoo frags. I may also have some xenia frags, and a rock with a small frag of green monti cap and 2 frags of orange monti cap(all on same rock). Where abouts are you?

Chris

Archived