ReefCleaners.org

FishGuyIs's 7 Gallon Nano Reef

Christopher Marks

I wish I had a nano reef as cool as that. I'm going to go cry in my pillow now... :*( :D

the above statement was generated by tay-marks without the permission of the original poster... hehe

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the kind words!

Ok to answer a few questions:

Stryfe... I do not have a store, the store you see the tank is a Pet Valu. I am in a joint ventureship with them.

cranfordrd... the substrate is live sand, there are 5 nassarius snails, 7 astrea snails, 1 black sea cucumber, and a blood shrimp that act as my clean up crew.

I will post full details about the tank very soon B)

Have fun... reef safe... :D :D ;)

Gawddamn.. that is easily one of the best looking reef tanks I have ever seen. Fantastic work - great colors - great corraline.

I'm in awe.. gorgeous. :)

Hi everyone!

As promised, here is a complete description of my 7 gallon Nano.

This tank originally started off as a 5 gallon All Glass Mini-Bow (purple). The one pictured is as stated above, just around a year old. The lightihg is a 50/50 32 watt Coralife power compact. There is a Whisper Jr. hang-on and a Penguin mini hang-on filter. The rock is Fiji and the live sand is from Florida.

As for the livestock, it is as follows:

Kenya tree corals

torch coral

Crocea clam

flourescent green frilly mushroom

red and "blue" mushrooms (they aren't so blue LOL)

green striped mushrooms

feather duster

metalic green star polyps

a small frag of Hydnopora

candycaine/trumpet coral

devils finger

green Fiji finger leather

brown and white button polyps

2 percula clowns

1 blood shrimp

5 nassarius snails

7 astrea snails

sea cucumber

7 blue leg hermit crabs

Again THANK YOU to everyone for their comments they make me blush!!! :blush: :blush:

I do a bi-weekly water change of around a gallon or so, I add B-ionic, strontium and Iodine once a week and I have to weed the calurpa once a week or so as well. I change the filters at every water change (one the first week, the other the week after) As far as I can remember that's all I do to this tank. If anyone has any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me. My emil is fishguyis@yahoo.com

Cheers!!!

Stryfe...

Anytime you are in the area, come on down.... or should I say up! hehe. I would be happy to show ya my tank and the others that I have set-up here in Peterborough.

M.

:D Hi Vijay:

The tank is in Peterborough, if you would like to see it let me know and I will meet you there and we can chat! My # is 416-988-FISH (3474)

I have never ordered any livestock online, I am an aquarium consultant so I get everything at wholesale. If you are having problems finding anything please let me know as I am in the GTA 2-3 days a week, and if I can help you out in anyway I would be more then happy to do so. :D

Cheers!!!

Michael

How long has your clam been in there?

Do you feed it Phyto?

I have been contemplating one for my nano also and I have the same lighting. I was thinking of a squamosa however. I wonder how much I would have to feed it.

nice tank no skimer on taht bad boy wow i wanna set up another 7 gal whith a cpr back pack humm your givin me ideas i like it muhahahah

cam barr

printerdown01

SWEET SET-UP! I love it!! This is def one of the nicest tanks I've seen! Like a deezreef tank but with the focus on softies!! Couple of quick questions: 1) Is that one rock on the left side of the tank?? if so that was a perfect fit!! 2)Are those torbo snails (not not a mispelling of turbo) near your clown or are those regular astrea -they actually look pretty, LOL [hmmm could be the fancy camera work ;) ]... You shoud be extreamly proud! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

anathema :

The clam has been in the tank for around a month, I haven't been feeding it anything, but I am starting to feed Kent's as of this week. When I do feed, I will be doing a weekly feeding of the suggested amount to see how things go.

Thanks for the interest!!!

Michael

I always thought it was best to feed filter feeders a little bit every day. it may sound like a lot of work but it shouldn't be hard to shoot a load out of your pipette every other day. if you dose several things you can make ice cubes with them diluted with top off water and put one in every day or every other day. Just make sure you put it in a place the fish can't get to. It made things a lot easier in my FW tank. if anyone knows a reason it wouldn't work for a reef please let me know.

Archived