Cultivated Reef

Help---newwwwbe

XtremeSport

Well I'm new to the whole reefin thing. I have been doing some research on here and just bought Tullocks natural reef aquarium (on chapter 1). I want to dive in already, is there a quick start technique guide out there? Currently I have a 10g glass with a painted back, a diy hood with 2x36pc 10,000 and acentic, aquaclear 201, hydrometer, and salt. I need recomendations on the remaining hardware, such as test kits, filter? skimmer?(if needed) and anything else I need. Also after I get the hardware, the next steps. Also do i need an ro unit if so what should I get?

Thanks

Jay

(NYC)

tullock's a good read, he answers all those issues. what types of animals do you want to raise? if you're going for more fish i would recommend a skimmer (red sea's prizm). i believe tullock uses the skilter as an example. :x

if it's only inverts you can get away with a regular hob like the aquaclear you already have. i don't think you need a ro/di for a nano. you should be able to get distilled or ro/di in 5g bottles for any issues.

get a desk fan in the spring.

It's up to you - the possibilities are huge. Do more reading - books with pictures of corals & see what looks good to you. Then check the requirements for the ones you like. I spent four weeks deciding what I wanted to grow....so take yer time, and have fun.

Archived