Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

LR by the #?

Xavier

Most online retailers sell their LR in lump sums. I just got my LR from LiveAquaria today (sitting at home, while I'm stuck at work :*(), but I'm already thinking it's not going to be enough. I'd like to get some more, but I don't need another 30+# of the stuff. Does anyone know a good online retailer that will sell by the pound or has smaller ordering units? I'd like to get some Tonga Branches since my tank is rather tall. If not, is there anyone in the Los Angeles area that's looking for some Tonga Branches, and would be interested in splitting the cost or trading?

I didn't see any Tonga Branches :(

I could get some from my LFS - but last time was there, their stuff had been in THEIR LR tanks for weeks... If no one here is interested, I'll see if they can get some in for me directly...

Whatever the cost would be for that much.. LiveAquaria has 24# of TB for $89... so 5# would be about $18.. 10# $35 (don't worry about shipping if you want to pick it up or meet some where)... I'm actually going to get another box of Fiji and Tonga - so you're welcome to some of that if you're interested.

hey adin and xavier im in fullerton ca, if you want lr im gonna down grade my 12 gallon (got a whole box of lr in it) 45 pounds. if you wanna stop by i can get you some pretty cheap. like 2 bucks a pound

I've never been to Jeff's... how good is their stuff.. highly recommended? The LFS around me has kinda soured me. I've become very disappointed in what they've tried to offer me.

Jeff's will likely have more than your LFS. They have several large bins where the hold the rock... you are free to pick through it and choose what you want (something you can't do mail order). If you can, drop by on a weekday... Saturday can get pretty hectic.

-Ed

I was there today. Branch rock is $2.75 a pound. They had two or three of the big bins with branching rock so there is plenty to pick through. The coral selection looked pretty poor today.

They go through so much stuff there it's never the same twice. I agree about going during the week if you can. They are really cool about people digging in the rock vats to get what they want.

Edited to say you can't beat their prices on clean up critters. Today I got 8 hermit, grand total 6.50.

Archived