SaltCritters.com

Nano Cube 12DX after 2 Months

fluidimagery

fluidimagery
Originally posted by limulus

Thanks for the photo of the lighting.  I've been looking at NanoCustoms and only see a 7100k daylight and a 10k combo.  Where did you get the 24w 10K?

JBJ is temporarily out of stock of the 10k so I actually did order the 7100 from NanoCustoms. Luckily my LFS had some 10k still in stock. Best bet is asking Chris when they'll be released.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to thank you for giving me the idea of putting a bulkhead in the second chamber, pump in the third. I am sure your not the first but the post helped none the less. I didn't use a Y though, I have a Micro 405 pushing a 1 1/4 flare. I'm not real happy with the flow though and am thinking of using at least a 606 like the one I replaced the stock pump with.

I've been reading about alternating pumps so that they don't make too much heat, but I was thinking, after running for 15-30 min, the heat doesn't just dissappear, it would have to cool while the other pump is making more heat? Wouldn't it slowly build up?

So how are your temps with the 900?

BTW your tank looks great.

fluidimagery

Thanks for the compliment. Tank stays at 77 77.2 in the AM might peak at 77.8 but never past. I keep the ambient at 72. The MaxiJet pumps are very efficient.

Archived