ReefCleaners.org

Dottybacks a pleasure and a pain

DinoHunterTib

DinoHunterTib

I recently purchased a Dottyback for my new 15g reef aquarium. So far I love the little SOB, but as he is the only fish I have in there (actually the only non-sessile thing I have in there that's not a hermit or a snail) I was looking for another fish to put in there. He made pretty quick work of my neon goby that was in there before but am wondering if anything else would fare a bit better. I was thinking about a blenny or a clown, but he is quite agressive. I'm not sure exactly what kind of dottyback he is either as he is almost purely yellow w/ slightly darker yellow spots running in lines down his body. I have yet to find one of him online, but one thing is for sure he's definately a dottyback. Thanks for any advice you could give me in advance and I hope you all enjoy the wonderfully agressive buggers as much as I do.

Alexraptor

erm i got a bicolor dottyback, im seriously having thoughts of killing him, but he is just so cute that i just cant do it :(

and hes already killed 3 peppermint shrimps X)

Im hoping a common Cleaner shrimp might be a bit more robust to handle a dottybacks onslaught

Archived