inTank Media Baskets

Do you put clean up crew in the rear chambers?

artarmon42

artarmon42

I was doing my weekly maintenance, and it dawned on me that the rear fuge area probably needs some cleaning. I'm thinking the glass... and perhaps any food, poop or whatever that gets sucked into the rear chambers.

Have you thought about how to keep that area clean?

Or is it "out of sight, out of mind" ???

Hmm, I have never thought about it until I moved over stuff in my rear chambers lately and saw all of the crap. Maybe some snails I guess would be ok. Not sure, never put that much thought into it.

artarmon42

I tossed a couple of snails back there (Nas and Nerite).

Worst case is they die back there. As long as there are Nas back there, any deaths should get cleaned up pretty quick.

I should pick up some small Nas snails like I got the other day. They could fit in there easy! I am worried about them going to chamber 3 and getting SUCKED up..:) 4 for $10 locally!! They go on my store credit but I still hate paying that much for little guys.

Did you see my photos of my hood and the weather stripping in the other post?

My new moon lights will be here tomorrow!!

artarmon42
Originally posted by Web Guy

Did you see my photos of my hood and the weather stripping in the other post?

No, I've been busy with work this week...

What's the link?

burtbollinger

man!!! thats some cold stuff, I would never put anything back in those cold and lonely chambers...no living creature needs to spend its days in cold darkness.

thats just my drunken 2 cents.

shao-lin nano

don't you have fuge lights on, so it would actually be daylight 24/7. is that still cold?

artarmon42
Originally posted by burtbollinger

man!!! thats some cold stuff, I would never put anything back in those cold and lonely chambers...no living creature needs to spend its days in cold darkness.

thats just my drunken 2 cents.

LOL, you know it's all the same warm water? :D

i put a hermit in chamber 2 for bad behavior once, the naughty little bugger disappeared after less than five minutes ( i put him on top of the sponge thinking it would be a good temp spot for a few minutes)i took everything apart looking for him and couldn't find him.3 weeks later i see these little legs coming out from the intake grid. i put him back in the tank he he immediatley started being naughty again so nows he's in "hermit jail" (my quarantine tank turned hermit asylum) after that i'm not even going to THINK about putting anything back there even for a second if i want to take it out again.

I have a few snails in my fuge (not a nano-cube though). I dont think that hermits would be a good idea because they cant climb walls but 1-2 nass snails and maybe a cerith or something like that would be ok.

I've had a couple of Nerites and a Margarita go over the wall by themselves. They seemed to be having a good time. Same as the fish that that go AWOL into the back chambers....maybe just need some "me" time!!

Blu50Stang

I never put anything back there, though I have had some venture back there on their own. If it weren't for them going back there every once in a while on their own, I would probably put a couple back there.

Archived