Pod Your Reef

My first coral (pics)

jordanh

Oh yes yes very nice, i really like SPS corals. Your tank looks very young, how long has it been up?

I think it'd look better if you split those pieces of rock up and did some stacking with the pieces...

Cesar... remember when your powerheads looked like that? I don't...

Originally posted by Stanley

Cesar... remember when your powerheads looked like that? I don't...

Hahaha, no I dont. They looks so new and clean, hehe.

The tank has been up for a few weeks, I got all the LR locally and got some live sand too. I've got a 150w DE MH fixture by AquaMedic; it works great. Here is a picture of the light before I got all the rock and the coral.

full.jpg

Lighting is good for the coral. Should grow like a weed if you keep your water perfect. Still seems a bit young, but I'm a conservative w/ timing in tanks... Nice looking slimer!

Yeah, I was a little concerned about how young the tank is, but I've heard the slimers are pretty hardy; it's looking good, all the polyps are out enjoying the light. Yeah, the light stand worked out pretty good, its just .5 inch pipe from home depot I bent with a pipe bender, the whole thing only cost a few dollars.

What size of tank is that? Looks like a potential tank dude. Very good lights by the way. I have the same ones you have but with the 250W bulb. Nice lights.

The slimer is doing great, I've purchased a few digitata and capricornis frags from local reefers, they are a lot smaller than the slimer but I'm excited for them to grow. Here is an updated pic

full3.jpg

Your slimer will do great under your lights. I had one that grew like a weed. Very nice looking coral.

Bob

Archived