SaltCritters.com

Blastomussa FT - 2nd release

Six

I'm going to frag this guy for a trade-

2ec44346.jpg

The catch is that I won't be shipping it until after I get back from vacation on the 20th or so of JUNE. So, I'll be fragging and letting it rest until then. I wanted to see what ya guys had for trade.

I'm looking at trading one polyp of this Blue Blastomussa. I'm looking for saweet acans, possibly other blastos but I like multicolored ones (purple mouth with red skirt, or the like), umm... maybe a nice echinophyllia or micromussa.

Tigah already has a frag of this morph on the first release/fragging, so he's out of contention. ;)

LMK whatcha got and a pic.

How about m'Lord? (Photo in my Lord thread)

Like Mmmm MMmmm good lord? LOL. Actually C, I have a frag of that morph of lord commin' at me locally. Thanks tho.

Yeah, it's a common morph, but I had to ask.

(Actually, Lord makes me think of those annoying Renn Faire people that won't respond unless you call them "m'lord" ...guh!)

Yea, actually just this week a friend aquired a frag and once that grows out a little, I'm up for a piece.

Oh, I really am looking for some nice faviids too. :D

I will swap you out for one of my Blastos. There the brightest neon green centered ones I have seen. There skirts are a pinkish purple. The one I am thinking of is setting on it's own little point of a rock on the mother colony. I would just cut the little top of and BAM! Sweet piece of blastos ready to ship.:) Let me post a pic of the colony and the one I am speaking of. I would like mine to come as nice as the one sent so waiting is no issue.

Top Right Polyp!!

76.jpg

Top Right Polyp!!

77.jpg

Thanks,

Jason Webb

Jason, I dunno, those just don't make me smile, LOL. I would like something a little brighter in coloration, ideally.

Thanks tho.

Still looking for a trade.

So where are the pics of those ones? They sound nice.

Lights are off. Will get some photos of those tomorrow. They have only been in 2 days and have not come out like my others yet. I hate posting pictures until there all out!!:) I will do it for you guys tomorrow.

I installed my Hyro Flo with my new Maxi-Jet 900 today and also my new FishBowl Moon Light Set Up with lunar control module. Looks Nice!!

Will get some shots tomorrow or tonight of the moon lights. now they will get brighter and softer as the month goes on.

Ok, The picture does them no justice. There neon red with Neon green mouths. They have neon green laced in and out of the polyps. And when the fringes come out they had neon green scattered in them. Will know more as they come out over the next few days. The backs look purple when flat so these will be cool when there open.

So all of the white looking stuff on the polyps is actually neon green scattered threw out!

78.jpg

I did my first Blasto with a drill (didn't have a dremel) and a pair of scissors to do the final snap, and it turned out great. Was my first stony coral fragmentation, too; pretty intimidating, it's a lot more complicated than a Euphyllid.

Regular 1/2HP drill, used the smallest bit I could get. It was 3/16", and I broke it halfway through drilling. (Had two, luckily.) I just drilled between the corallites in several different places, and then snapped it with a pair of tough scissors. (The wire-cutters' jaws were too large to fit without crushing the outside edges of the corallites, but calcium carbonate "rock" is actually pretty crumbly and easy to break, so the scissors worked fine.) Had NO losses--even though I accidentally split one of the polyps in half, both of which grew back quickly--and they were puffed up and happy again within an hour.

I will just buy a dremel when I go to frag. Can't you get soem at home depot for $30? DO they carry the diamond wheel?

Yes, and yes. Or try Ebay. Much better than using a drill, really--like I said, a drill was all I had at the time. (There's a reason that every reefer has one!)

Just get a dremel on Ebay, and then get the diamond wheel at home depot.

So what color Blastos do you have?

Archived