Innovative Marine Aquariums

Light oppinion

Hinecken

My tank messures 20"L x 10"W x 23"H. It is a 20xh. The sand bed is almost 5" deep so it is 18" from the top of the sand bed to the top of the tank. Since the tank is only 20" long I can not fit 55watt PC's over it, and I'm getting the feeling that 2 x 32 will not cut it. How do you all feel about a single 96watt power quad? The more oppinions the better.

Pictures of the tank are located at http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...=&threadid=5727

Originally posted by Hinecken

My tank messures 20"L x 10"W x 23"H. The more oppinions the better.

my OPINIONS if you want to go the PC route:

1. ten 13w PC retrofits aligned in this arrangement: IIIIIIIIII (my personal favorite... 130w!)

2. petsupplyliquidator.com will do a custom job for you but they do offer 19 and 22 inch hoods (mh or pc or both)

3. i think you can fit at least a 3x row of 36w retros no? (if not 4)

My only thought about the 96w quad, and I have considered one for my tank, is that is a lot of light coming on at one time. Seems like it would scare the $#% out of the livestock. I like the idea of several bulbs that are staged a little so they don't all come on at the same time. JMHO. Would also be interested to hear other thoughts on this.

Logan J

Originally posted by loganj

My only thought about the 96w quad, and I have considered one for my tank, is that is a lot of light coming on at one time. Logan J

with the 10x13w setup, you can put each ballast on a timer. woooo! then you can sit in front of the tank at sunrise and count off as each one flickers on. talk about impressing the girls!

Hinecken, I would like to see a better shot of your fugium....I would like to know how you divided it, how the water is drawn from the 20xh and what pump you use for a return.

Thanx

a 96 w pc isnt going to scare any corals. i have a 175 w metal halide over a 28 gallon and theres no way to do dawn and dusk and they do just fine. a 96 w pc would be nothing compared to a 175w halide.

Archived