Cultivated Reef

Ice Probe in a 12g DX

JayGlaze379

JayGlaze379

Hey, I know this topic has been discussed before, but Im wondering if anyone has thought of any new ideals. I recently upgraded my hood, with lights from nanocustoms (amazing customer service, btw) and while the increased lighting is very nice, it is causing my temp's to rise much higher than I initially expected.

I was looking at the Azoo chiller the Drs sell, but it seems to get mixed reviews here, and its rather large, and I don't know where I would put it. The iceprobe is an awesome alternative, however I don't know where I would mount it on the tank. The back chambers are not an option, because of the added lights there is no clearance for it. Also the tank has been up for a year and I have no way of draining it to drill it, even if I could find a spot to mount the probe, which I cant. The back is against a wall, and the side would look kind of blah.

Well, I know its a long shot, but if anyone has any suggestion I cant think of, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

Hey J,

IM me, i have some suggestions for reducing your temps... #1, if you reverse the fans, so that they blow IN, you will get some increased cooling of the hood and therefore lower temps.

The other potential option is the ICA device (detailed in a thread).

Chris

I tried reversing one fan....one for suction the other for exhaust....problem is, the fan that blows air in causes moisture on the lexan light shield and after 2 days or so, the fan making a horrible grinding noise.....i had to tap the hood to make the noise stop. At first i thought it was the fan that was pulling the heat out was the cause so i reversed it too......the noise doubled! But I am interested in getting the ICA as soon as its totally perfect....when would that be? (including the thermostat controller)

artarmon42

Until you figure out what you want to do, just open the front flap. If that doesn't cool it enough, get a fan to blow AT the water (probably through the open front flap).

stoney waters

Dont try to drill the side of a nano-cube. I am suprised it didnt crack just thinking about it.

However, the back can be safely drilled.

Archived