inTank Media Baskets

My Jebo nano.

anathema

I posted about 8 months ago when I bought my Jebo nano and mentioned the brand. The thread ended when someone asked for pics and I was too lazy to take some.

I couldn't find the thread, maybe some got lost or archived?

Anyway, here it is 8 months later:

nanoclean.jpg

I don't know if we could find the old thread, I wanted to add it to that.

The tank is 5.5G, and it is using the powerhead that came with it. I am not sure of the GPH. 50W heater, and 32W Smartlight. Sand and plants for filtration.

Water changes are about 2gallons every other week, although since I added the second clown I find I need to do them about once a week or so. I also remove a lot of the plants at when I do changes.

The shots were taken right after I changed the water so things weren't expanded much. The tank has also changed since these pics, which were taken about 3 weeks ago. I removed the plate coral and replaced it with some ricordia. I also removed a lot of the anthelia, but it grows back so fast that it's already shading the other corals again. I bring it to Bay Area Reef Enthusiasts frag meetings regularly, and also give it away to local people I meet who are starting new tanks. I won't go too far out of my way to get Anthelia you though, and won't bother shipping it. If you wanted some your best bet would be to come to a BARE meeting and I can bring you some. http://www.bareonline.org

The fish seem to get along great, and if there was any problems I would remove the clowns. As far as bioload, I think the increased water changes are keeping things in check. This tank is very stable. To start it, I connected it to my main reef and ran it as a refugium for 3 months. Since it has been disconnected it has been amazinly stable, and is full of life even after 6 or so months with fish in it.

I also dose Kalk. Hmmm that's about it, maybe I should quit staring at it and get back to work.

Hey anthema, welcome to nano-reef. Great lookin nano-reef !

I'm curious, were u the one that brought xenia to the last BARE frag meet ? The ones that i got are a lot more red than the ones shown in your pic.

Originally posted by anathema Hope it's not a problem to post a link to RC. [/b]

don't worry, we don't have censorhip here. :P

Welcome to Nano Reef indeed...

How did I lose all my old posts? My old threads too? Hmm must have either archived or moved servers since I spent much time here.

:)

Oh, and to answer your question...

I haven't brought xenia ever that I can remember. I bring the Anthelia in, but the only xenia I have is in my girlfriend's 70G, and that keeps dying except for one patch.

It always did amazing in my old 29 G, but I left it out of my 55G when I set it up. It's mainly a stony coral tank.

I have thought about adding some xenia to the nano, but it's supposed to be more toxic than Anthelia. I have a lot of stonies in there. Any softies I put in grow like crazy in a skimmerless high bioload nano though. :)

We get a lot of neat kinds of xenia traded at club meetings though. Someone even has yellow stuff. I always had the greenish tinted type.

Archived