inTank Media Baskets

mystery

outtafocus

outtafocus

Well I found this thing in my tank late last night. When I first saw it, it was about 1 1/2 inches long, tube shaped body and tentacles on top. I wasnt able to see what the tentacles looked like so I couldnt tell what it was.

This is what it looked like this morning (sorry for the bad pic) looks like a little sausage and is quite small now and no tentacles showing.

I can get at it right now and need to know if I should remove it before it goes and disapears.

Thank you.123712005_0523Image0011-med.JPG

Is it hiding durring the day? If so, I had a type of worm that I would have sworn was a majano bt it was just a worm. Move pretty fast actually. Mine was harmless and lived behind a shroom. Haven't seen it for a while so maybe my crab got it but it never bothered anything.

outtafocus

I had never seen it till the other day, but ever since it has been sitting on the bottom in the back corner hasnt moved and hardly extends its tenacles.

But it does retract if I shine a light on it.

i had the same thing, it lived in the sand and came out in the dark. never hurt anything, but smth ate it the other day :( don't know what it was.

actually i just tried to take out what was left of it (finally found it again) and when i did it moved deeper into the sand... so maybe someone chomped on it and it's gonna grow back, guess i might find out if it's a pest after all... i remember a while back someone posted a pic of the same thing, "polyp in sand id" i think.

Archived