Top Shelf Aquatics

aipatasia (sp) or what

urvi

had this in my tank for a few weeks now and it hasnt reproduced, didnt want to kill it either unitl i knew what it was any help would be great

Mojano's hardly ever reach plague proportions like Aiptasia....I'd say leave it until it interferes with something.

Cheers,

Fred

Originally posted by FAC_WNY

Mojano's hardly ever reach plague proportions like Aiptasia....I'd say leave it until it interferes with something.

Cheers,  

Fred

Mojano spreads even faster than Aipstasia ... the last one can get rid off by just placing peppermint shrimp if there not to big.

I dunno, I've had one in my tank for probably four months. It hasn't moved, hasn't split, and has grown only maybe 15% larger. And it's a nice green. Not something I'd pay money for, or take my eye off of for too long, but it's definitely no Aiptasia.

Still....Mine doesn't quite look like that, it's a different body-type. I've seen several rocks brought in to the LFS by local reefers, and they all are covered in anemones just like yours. Considering that, chances are that it's the same thing. I'd clear it out just in case--better safe than sorry. It's not as though it's particularly attractive, and it'll look even less so when it's stinging all your corals to death.

Archived