Top Shelf Aquatics

What am I?

fvlewg65

I have at least three of these worm things in my tank. What are they 2" long and are very hard to catch because they hid in the rock! What are they and are they good or bad?

I have billions of these in my tank they are mostly hiddon until food hits the tank then they eat whatever hist the bottom. I think they are they most benificial part of the live rock. I may be wrong but I also believe that bristle worms and fire worms are the same thing.

i think there's a difference between "fire" worms and common bristleworms. since bristleworms arent fun to touch people call them fireworms, which makes it confusing. fireworms are larger, much larger than bristles, and not too common comparatively.

most likely it's just a bristleworm and thus a detritivore. i wouldnt get rid of it. they are also a good indicator as far as tank clenliness. their population should be controlable unless you arent maintaining the tank very well, then their population can bloom. they dont eat coral but in large enough numbers the lack of space can make them take up housing too near them and irritate it.

whatever you decide, gl

Archived