Pod Your Reef

Iso Macro Algae

tgrupert

i live in westchester NY and would love to be able to pick it up, but shipped is great too. I'm starting out my first reef and this would help me a lot. I don't feel like paying 15 dollars for somthing that people have to cut back all the time.

give me a couple more weeks and I will have some caulerpa to unload. I can leave it with my doorman in NYC and you can pick it up. Would gladly take a frag if you got something to unload but the algae can be yours with or without something in return.

sounds cool. I am actually filling a 10 gallon fuge so I may need a lot. somone offerd me two sandwitch bags fully of three different types for 25 dollars including shipping. Do you think that's a good deal?

what part of manhatan do you live in? My father works in midtown. I asked him if he would take it to me saving me the trip. he asked if it was big . I told him it would be in a little baggie. He asked if it wqas alive. I told him it was a plant, but not the type you smoke.

If it turns out that my dad can't pick them up and I make a trip to the cuity to get them would you give me a tour of your tank? I promise I won't steal anything (valuable).

I'd gladly give you a frag, but I am afraid I really have nothing to give. However somone offered me a BTA that I can't take. If you want it I can hook you two up.

My apartment is at 57th and third. No on the bta, but thanks for offering. Regarding the algae amount. In all seriousness, if you took one handful and put it in a swimmingpool it would be full in a matter of weeks. this stuff grows like a weed.

If you want to check pricing, head to inlandaquatics.com and look at their flora and fauna packages for refugium stuff. they also sell macros separately so you can pick what you want. that is where I stocked mine. The other option is ipsf.com and their macroalgae pack. tons of stuff comes in one order.

well my dad's office is kinda close. 3rd and 40th. but I figured out I could take a bus to the 5 express. that way I could pick it up after school and take the train back with my father.

Is there any chance I could see your reef? I know you don't know me, but i'm really short and couldn't hurt a fly.

I realized I do have somthing else I can offer. you probably won't want it. I breed freshwater snails. I have several color variations of P. Bridgesii including gold, jade, ivory, and blue. My friend just developed a brand new coloration that she calls purple. I also have other FW stuff if you are interested.

I plan on getting a lawn mower blenie and feed him with the extra macro algae as it gets too big. my goal is to have all the life in the tank supported by my fuge.

A BTA is a bubble tipped anemome. the problem is they walk around on their foot and sting other corals.

My LFS gavce me some for free today. eventually I will have to take crackeur up on his offer.

Do I need to have my tank fully cycled before I add the macro algae? someone told me I did, but it doesn't make much sence.

Archived