Cultivated Reef

Please Help Me

Ilove2ride

I have an 24 gallon Eclipse tank... and I would like to upgrade! The lighting I am looking into is PC... and it would sit above the tank...the tank being open, giving me 5 watts per gallon. I would rather have a hood, though, because my SeaClear tank has a strip of plastic running across the top and it would be really ugly. Any recommendations? About those partial hoods, where do they sit? Thanks.

:)

Thanks! Do you think this would work?

CSL PC Retro Kit

• Polished aluminum reflector.

• Remote ballasts box.

• PC lamps 1:1 combo daylight/actinic mix for reef.

• Waterproof endcaps.

• Must be used with enclosed fixture.

PC24265RET 130W / 2x65W 23"x7.25"x2" $159.95

Does it fit into eclipse hoods?

Does it need a fan?

http://www.reefsplendor.com/pages/customse...msea.light.html

Anyone see anything that would work on this page?

Thanks so much! :)

I guess yours is a system 3 hood, on my 12g I have the 32w retro and fits fine. I am gonna squeze another one in soon. If you go to CSL site the will tell you what fits what. The retrofits by CSL were specifically made for eclipse hoods. You should be able to fit the (2) 55 watt kits in there. Go here for the specs.

www.customsealife.com/NewFiles/smartlite-retro.html

Good luck, this should do it.

i just retrofitted my eclipse 2 with 2x28w pcs. I basically followed this diy

http://inlandreef.com/eclipse.html

the guys at inland reef are cool. when they ran out of the ballast for the bulbs, they gave me another ballast for 4x28w at the same price AND they were cool enough to take my 50/50 bulb when it cracked while testing it out.

HTH

it will work with an eclipse 2, as long as the hood has a twin bulb set up.

it's gonna be tight fit, but like the DIY it can be done. so far, no salt creep or anywater inside the plastic.

The only thing I dislike, the ballast is open, might have to build a box to clean up the wires and protect the ballast. does anyone know any good material as a ballast cover?

My LFS set me up with an Eclipse 2 hood and a 32W PC SmartLamp retro, on a 25H tank... and I'm kinda disappointed... I don't think it's going to be enough, even with 2x32W PC SmartLamps I don't think it'd be enough.. so I'm looking into other hoods. Put out quite a bit of money for that.. live and learn I suppose... :

Yeah, someone got me the tank as a gift. I have a 24 gallon... is yours by SeaClear? (tank)

i have heard about using ViaAqua lighting, except then the tank is open :o ... but you can go with 5watts/gallon, and it looks really cool.

That means i would need a new filter, what filters does everyone use aside from protien skimming and LR?

ahh, plus the Eclipse is making too much nitrate!

Ideas, anyone?B)

I wanna say it's an AllGlass tank.. but I can't remember.. I'd have to dig the label out...

I've been using the filter that came with the eclipse, but if I get a new hood, I'll be done with that and get something else.. still not sure though.. There's nothing in the tank right now except LS and LR so I have time to tweak things. I haven't got a skimmer yet... from what I've read, they have pos and neg... more neg then pos IMO though... I'll see what I can do with common sense and diligence :)

I am just getting started,I upgraded my Eclipse sys. 6 hood through CSL with no prob.From stock small flor. to combo

1-27 watt day 6700 k

1-9 watt super- actinic

Archived