Coral Vue Hydros

Best place to get clean up crews online....

Physh1

I'm looking good a good cleanup crew for my 7 bow and 150 system so I need snails, blue leg hermits, and probably another tiger tail cucumber.

I just curious who you guys prefer using...

Thanks, Cameron

Got mine from etropicals.com -- nothing DOA, packaged well, but they ship fedex so stalk the fedex guy or he will LEAVE it on your doorstep in FEBRUARY when it is marked LIVE and SIG REQUIRED.... stupid fedex....sorry I am still ####ed about that even thought it all turned out okay ;-)

First off I want to say that I have not ordered anything from them yet but, Saltwater Fish.com seems to have pretty good deals. Free shipping on cleanup crew packages and free shipping on u-build it packages over $75. They also have a 6 day stay alive guarantee. And there is no box charge and no charge for heat/cold packs. Heres the link if you are interested:

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/saltwater1.html

Ok....I'm happy.....I just bought:

10 blue legs

3 feather dusters

10 astrea snails

5 trochus snails

1 raised false perc

5 zebra hermits

all shipped overnight for $83.93 total.....we will see how it comes out....:)

Thanks Glenn....that place seems very reasonable.....Cameron

Originally posted by hhasty79

stalk the fedex guy or he will LEAVE it on your doorstep in FEBRUARY when it is marked LIVE and SIG REQUIRED

You live in Georgia how bad could it be ;)

Originally posted by SteveC

Just checked out etropicals.com...  Dr. Foster and Dr. Smith seem to be everywhere these days.  It's actually getting kind of creepy.

Yeah....I agree....I like dealing with the smaller run places where you actually talk to the owner/distributor/fisher. Dealing with big companies feel to distanced and uncomfortable.

Cameron

Well, to be fair, they do have a pretty good deal. $60 "build your own" package gets you free shipping, and their prices are quite good. Maybe they're just very good at what they do and that's why they seem to be everywhere. But it's kind of creepy seeing their faces on everything!

just thought i would chime in on the fedex bashing tip. the truck isn't much better than the doorstep in my experience. last week half my nano-sized coral order arrived frozen. mushrooms apparently don't like this type of treatment but the i've had a few zoos open up, finally! stupid me too, afterall i do live in minnesotaX) . feeling your pain hasty, i got frostbite unpacking my order.

The trip should be rather short for my stuff since it's coming from Florida to Oklahoma it's not too bad. I've had a few live shipments come my way so far and haven't had any issues yet.

Cameron

Originally posted by Twins Guy

just thought i would chime in on the fedex bashing tip.  the truck isn't much better than the doorstep in my experience.  last week half my nano-sized coral order arrived frozen.  mushrooms apparently don't like this type of treatment but the i've had a few zoos open up, finally!  stupid me too, afterall i do live in minnesotaX) .  feeling your pain hasty, i got frostbite unpacking my order.

Listen to this one:

I was living in Colorado at the time (middle of summer). I got some free shrooms from a guy in Twin Cities for cost of shipping. I drove home at lunch (FedEx got to my apartment around 10:30), went to the complex office to get my package. The lady could not find it. She asked another lady there and she says: "Are you the guy with the fish?" I answer Yes. She goes over to the refrigerator and pulls out my box and says: "The box said live *TROPICAL* fish, so I figured I better keep them cold for you."

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, cold they were! On several rocks totalling 20 shrooms, I think I only lost 2 or 3 ... Shew! The mushrooms took almost a week to open back up, so be patient, they are pretty hardy critters!

Thanks Physh 1 for ordering from them. Now I can find out how everything is without having to spend any money! :P

Glad you liked them (so far). Please let me know how it turns out. If everything is satisfactory to you then I think I will order a crew for my 55gal.

Originally posted by SteveC

Well, to be fair, they do have a pretty good deal.  $60 "build your own" package gets you free shipping, and their prices are quite good.  Maybe they're just very good at what they do and that's why they seem to be everywhere.  But it's kind of creepy seeing their faces on everything!

Yeah. I got a Dr. Foster and Smith fish catalog the other day, and started wondering how they got my name. I then realized that they've apparently bought out etropicals.com, who I ordered from several months ago.

Etropicals was very good though. I got the minimum order, everything was well packaged and there were no hidden costs, it cost me exactly $60.

On a funny side note, they did make an extra charge to my Visa. I noticed it on my bill and sent them a note asking them to reverse the charge. They wrote back "We apologize for any incontinence, this matter has been taken care of." How did they know I wet my pants when I got my credit card bill? :P

Spell check can be a life saver, or a potential hazard... I've caught myself replacing a misspelled word from spell check that had an entirely different meaning :)

Originally posted by Xavier

Spell check can be a life saver, or a potential hazard... I've caught myself replacing a misspelled word from spell check that had an entirely different meaning :)

hehehehe.....me too.

Originally posted by Glenn

Thanks Physh 1 for ordering from them. Now I can find out how everything is without having to spend any money!  

Glad you liked them (so far). Please let me know how it turns out. If everything is satisfactory to you then I think I will order a crew for my 55gal.

No problem:)....I'll let you know how it turns out...

Cameron

Archived