ReefCleaners.org

HELP!! ID Please

ifynanceu

Can anyone tell me what kind of coral this is?? I got it in a trade, it looked cool, and I have no clue what it is oficially...

Heliopora. It's like aiptasia, send it to me for disposal.

It's an octocoral, so if you don't like soft coral, send it to me.

:):):):)

OK- It looks like Heliopora, which, yes, IS a soft coral, and it's also Atlantic, I believe. Not common. It used to be protected but now they are being aquacultured and, I guess, aren't impossible to get, still uncommon though.

Pretty sweet animal.

((Heliopora - AKA Blue Ridge Coral.))

wow!!! It is a stoney coral, definately not soft...In the am hours and mid day, it has bright pink/white-ish polyps

Suprising isn't it? Fo shizzle, it's classified as a soft coral, an octocoral. Mister Borneman's book can back me up- page 113-114. It's monotypic, it's own genus.

Look 'er up.

Or just send it to me, seriously. I love rare coral :)

to the left is a pain in the rear...one of those annoying little anenome like aiptasia, but the other type...there is a monti also, but it isn't dying, it's growing like a damn weed!!! I broke a piece by accident, and it fell to the side..I really didn't care because it was a small tip and I figured if it lived, COOL!!! If not, no loss...It was about 1/8" and is now about 1" long!!! It has started encrusting, and will start growing upwards really soon. I have another piece in my take that was the same thing, broke by accident, but because it was bigger, I mounted it. now the 2 1/4" pieces are a flourishing small colony!!

Archived