Top Shelf Aquatics

Maroon base with a green leaf?

WrenchMonkey

WrenchMonkey

I've got these things all over on of my rocks (setup has been running for about 1.5 months) I started to notice these things around the end of the cycle and since then I've added a few snails and a hermit crab and these things seem to be growing pretty strong. No one is eating them either.

Are they a good/bad thing? What would eat them? Should and how should I get rid of it.

TIA.

Aglae.JPG

aleiodubua

I think I have the same thing you're describing, although mine has grown so much that it completely covers 1 peice of rock, I've pruned to once already, in a 2 month period. I'm also curious to what it is.

WrenchMonkey

well, it's kinda stressing to not have anyone answer my mystery, but for anyone who cares, I picked up an emerald crab and he started eating that stuff right away. I guess most people have something in their tanks that eats this stuff so perhaps you'll never see it to the extent that I have.

cheer!

be careful with the emerald crab, dont trust it further than you can throw it, believe it or not i had one that would rip whole tentacles off of a pink tip anenome and eat them...little bastard. (tons of personality though very fun to watch, like a little tank or something.)

looks like macro algae, I have some on my rocks, it grew all the way up to the top of the water. nothing to worry about, but could grow pretty fast when established. I had a tang once, that loved that stuff, but you can just trim it off

Archived