Coral Vue Hydros

More water flow?

ivel4

Ok guys, I have a 12G Nano-Cube DX at my desk at work. I have been running it without modifications now for about 4 months. So far things are coming along nicely. My only complaint seems to be that there isn't much water movement. I want to increase the water flow, but I want to make minimal modifications because everything is already set up. Is there anything I can do? I have read a few posts about just adding a bigger power head, but that just doesn't seem like it would make much of a difference. Any opinions?

Chronicles

First thing I did was replace stock with a mini606. That was all fine till I started adding more things that needed flow. I made the mistake of drilling 4 holes in the diverter, which made my flow even worse.

So I just ordered (comming tomorrow) a 1/2" LocLine Y adapter and 2 new diverters. I also orderd a micro450, which is in the same line of maxijet, minijet, and microjet. It's going to go behind the intake to blow out. Great thing about the pump is it's only 1 1/2" thick. It can function in less then 1/2" of water without making bubbles (big problem with stock pump). It also comes with 3 nozzles that give it a flow of 47, 79, or 117gph. That together with the 153gph from the 606 and I should have a happy tank.

Archived