what I have now:

10 gallon tank

4 pounds of BR

1 pound LR

small PH

13 watt PC

what the setup WILL have.

10 gallon display

---2x 36 watt PC (not sure what bulbs to use)

---the 15 pounds of live rock to be added once the system is cycled so I don't have any die off

10 gallon 'fuge

---36 watt PC on 24/7

---lots of macro algae

---lots of pods

---5 pounds of rock

---deep "mud" sand bed

I will pump water from the display to the fuge at 100 GPH and it will pass through a bio-wheel 60. I really don't care that you think they are evil. no one thaqt has used them properly has ever had a problem. then the water will return via syphon so that the pods entering the display tank don't die going through a impeller.

I'm not sure what type of sand bed I want in the display. if anyone has anyideas please let me know. I'm thinking about a mix of normal sized sand and an ultra fine sand.

I want to have a clown or two and one or two royal gammas. will I have too much lighting for a royal gamma? if so I would be happy to get a cardinal or damselfish. since I will have a fuge I would like to know what fish would benifit from all the pods. I read a Yellowtail Damselfish would leave them alone.

please give me your toughts, concerns, and flames. Just don't get on my ass abvout the bio-wheel. I have heard all the arguments

I should mention that 6-9 months down the liune I would love to get a anemome. I figure I could get one with a clown that already has taken to one. if I kept it on a rock that was separate from the rest would I be okay? My LFS frequently has anemomes that are white with pink tips for only 15 dollars. I understand these are very hard to keep. also they have long tenticles which is bad for a nano.

Archived