Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pics of my son's first nano tank.

spankey

Here are a few shots of my son's first shot at saltwater. He wanted a nano tank, so I decided to help him set one up. Its a ten gallon tank with a Current 40w Satelite fixture and a coralife 13 watt fixture behind it. I have an actinic bulb in the small fixture for a night light look... The pics are just after the dust cleared after setup. He want's to house zoo's and shrooms so the 4 watts per gallon should be plenty for him.

Now I need to hunt down a H.O.B. filter to use as a fuge..My AC 300 (now the 70 model) just died.. This would have been perfect...OH well.. But again, don't mind the chaeto. Its only in the tank till I can get his fuge on the back..

Contents so far are 6lbs of LR and 6lbs of base.

Thanks for any comments you might have or want to share...IDEAS?

Thanks..

Spankey

Nano1.jpg

Nano3.jpg

Cal-

He is 9. Oour household is total caos.... One dog, One cat, three tanks. 1 55g African Cichlid/ 1 46gbow Reef/ and now his 10g nano. Plus a bearded dragon! He does quite well though helping me out with the pets...

Spank...

Spank,

That's cool! I got my first FW tank when I was about 9 or 10 and then my first SW when I was 13 (that was 14 years ago). Keep it up and keep us posted! :)

Yeah I know about the left side.. I am actually giving him some of my LR from my reef set up. But mine is so purple, it will stand out over the newer rock. So till his rock gets some coraline on it. I will then throw him some of mine. My tank grows coraline so fast its sick.. More on the glass vs. the rocks though.. Isn't it funny how it goes like that...LOL.. Here is a pick of my 46 to share with ya's..Hope ya enjoy it... Minus the Condy. I pulled him out and returned him to the pet store. He decided to start to move around the tank after about 5 months of staying put. He was stinging everything. HAD TO GO!!!

Spank :)

April23rd2005.jpg

Archived