inTank Media Baskets

1/2 gallon picoreef

noone

Originally posted by Astyanax

Wow! What exactly did you use for lighting and where did you get it?

I use

- One integrated PC 9 watts, 6,500ºK

- Two integrate PC 3 watts each blue color (not actinic)

I buy here in Mexico, not especial light... in a house of comercial light.

- Sorry for my english -

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good, did you make the tank from scratch? I'd be a little scared of the xenia in there though, at the rate mine grows it would take the tank over in a few days, lol.

mushroom head

Very cool!Im thinking of starting one of these.I want noone to make me the tank and the hood and base.I want that lighting to.But ill having a mini overflow box and a 0.48gallon sump/refugium.You guys think i should start one.

brandon4299

Yes, great job! Tell me about your calcium/alk dosing regimen and your topoff/salinity control approaches. Very intersting, graet job.

B

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot of all people... sorry my english es bad, but i try to answer all questions.

- I change 300 ml each week, i take the water from my other tank (140 liters)

- Sorry Bobalouy, i dont understand the your question

- Thanks tMoney

- THX mushroom head, i'm from México is very dificulted make one of this four you because the delivery is very expensive.

- brandon, no calcium/alk dosing regimen because de changes of water are from my other tank (140 liters). My topoff/salinity control... i take destilated water all days and refill the tank.

;)

New frag of starpolyp on june 3, 2005.

polizq7el.jpg

polcen4kf.jpg

After one month... the picoreef is OK, some pictures for the great people of nanoreef

verde5bb.jpg

rosa1aj.jpg

rosa016sp.jpg

xenia37ss.jpg

xenia41pz.jpg

xenia54rv.jpg

zoa1bp.jpg

izqcen7xx.jpg

General Closeup

mushroom head

Oh im sorry for sending u so many PMs.I never seen u posted on here.I have seen many picos and wanted to set them up but then the got boring and i did not like them. But i have seen yours and i still want to set it up cause this is one of the best picos.I will pay for shipping no matter how high it is.Or i could get it shipped to my friend in the USA.So can u make me one?Oh and i want you to make the the tank to.

mushroom head

I think Bobalouy means is did u buy the tank,hood and base or did u have to make it all.Like buy the glass,wood and stuff to make it or did u just buy it allready made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

noone, how much (how long) daylight do you give the tank?

¿cuántas horas al día de la luz del sol recibe?

it looks like you keep it by the window. how are your temperatures? do you use a fan?

what part of mexico are you in? i just visited mexico city last week. very interesting city. reminded me a lot of taipei.

noone, how much (how long) daylight do you give the tank?

8:00 am to 10:00 pm

it looks like you keep it by the window. how are your temperatures?

yes, is near to window... beetween 24 to 28 C (i dont now un farenheith)

do you use a fan?

no

what part of mexico are you in?

Puebla... is close to Mexico city, about 2 hours in car

i just visited mexico city last week. very interesting city. reminded me a lot of taipei.

is a MONSTER, i dont like it... is big, ugly and very noise... jejeje

Archived