Coral Vue Hydros

Stocking a 20high

willmsbrg

Morning,

I was curious about stocking thoughts for a 20high.

Currently I have 5 hermits, 2 asteria snails and 2 peppermints. I wouldn't mind a pair of clowns.. But I would be interested in finding out what my options might be..

I don't have any soft corals or anything else at this point but 30lbs of live rock and sand...

Thanks

I have a 20high up and running for a year now. Currently...

Fish: 2 false percs, 1 neon goby

Snails: 7 astrea, 1 bumblebee, 1 nass, many tiny unidentified.

Hermits: 3 dwarf zebras, 2 bluelegs

Other inverts: 1 serpent star, 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 queen conch, 2 big (7") bristleworms and a few babies, many many spaghetti worms.

Corals: 2 pulsing xenia, 2 xenia elongata, 1 toadstool leather, 1 finger leather, 3 or 4 shrooms, 1 lemnalia.

I have a little too much of the fuzzy green algae and will be adding something to munch that soon. Other than that i think i'm about maxed out.

-heather

I currently have 1 55watt retro PC smartlite. I wanted to upgrade lighting this christmas but the point is moot since I will be upgrading my whole tank :-)

I'm using 1 of those powersweep powerheads, and while the thing is noisy, it totally destroyed the last of my red slime. Other equipment - heater, cheap red sea airlift skimmer. Yes it's cheap. Yes it's not the most efficient. But it does skim, and it's my safety net.

4" sand, 18lbs LR

again thanks for the reply..

I have about 25lbs of rock and 3"live sand.. 2 maxijet 600's Remora C skimmer with the 1200 on it... and a heater.. I really want to get some type of overflow box.. to help cut the microbubbles.. that part drives me nuts.....

I have a 20H, with 2x55w pcs(10k/o3 actinic), bakpak skimmer, 4 powerheads(2 rios, and 2 minis). 2 false percs, 6 astreas, 3 bumblebees, 6 nassaurius, 2 trochus, 3 ceriths, 2 queen conchs, 1 red hermit, bubble coral, branching hammer, yellow polyps, red open brain, various zoos and a couple of hitchiker brownish shrooms.

I'm not sure about reducing micro bubbles in the remora, but I just stuff some fairly fine sponge in the output column of the bakpak, it seems to work. It takes a day or so to really reduce it, just be sure to clean the sponge once every couple of weeks.

Good luck;)

I find that my remora needs to be perfectly level to not get any microbubbles. Also when I turn off the tank to work in it the Remora will make bubbles for about 3 hours after I turn it back on. One last thing, make sure to clean it the best you can. How long have you had it running?

I bought it used.. it was used for approx 4months prior to my getting it.. I myself have had it running for about 3 weeks myself now.. initially there were many bubbles.. then it settles down and there are less.. but never does it run without very small albeit few bubbles.. I do have it level.. and keep it pretty clean.. I was considering the attachment overflow box for it... and still may.. although I am not sure I may still try to go with a sump...

Brianc,

I have considered doing the sponge thing actually. There is enough room to perhaps add a small piece of some sort of sponge and try to eliminate those bubbles.. What type of sponge do you use.. I don't want to use any that may introduce and anti-bacterial agents or chemicals...

Archived