Innovative Marine Aquariums

HELP GSP Is Dying

waveguy2

Ok,

This is weird...I have about 5 pieces of GSP and Pink SP and xenias, leathers, clam, brain corals. They all doing well. the last two days the temp was about 90 degree in my tank...California heat.

So I install a chiller ( iceprobe...do no good ) fans....I got it now to 80 degree.

All but 1 piece of GSP ( the largest one ) refuse to open. Why Why...the rest are going good....Please help..Please help.

Hint: Never buy that iceprobe chiller...go out and buy a large fan maybe around 15 buck. Water was 90 with chiller and 80 with fan.

Thanks

I don't know, if I was your GSP in 90 degree water I wouldn't wanna open up either ;)...

Honestly...it's weird how usually the corals we perceive to be "very hardy" can be the most finicky at trying times. Give it time.

I understand the temperature was too high but there are other corals in there ( 4 pieces GSP ) they have no problem, open big and health.

out of many there is 1 that just refused to open.

Thanks

my temp went up to 92 one day, my own stupid fault. it took about three days for my frogspawn to reopen, everything else was showing some mild stress for a day or so. maybe that one just isn't as tolerant to stress for one reason or another. all you can do is wait and be sure you don't have any more wild fluctuations.

Archived