Coral Vue Hydros

anyone know about coral?

SeaFish

anyone know anything about this coral "neon alveopora". i did some search and some say they are hard to maintain and some say they are easy. i am thinking about getting a small one in my 12 gallon tank and was wondering if they are easy to maintain. also, what is consider moderate lighthing for these corals. i have 64 watt of 50/50 daylight (10,000K and actinic) that is sitting about 5 inches high off the surface of hte water . if neon alveopora prefer moderate lighthing, where does it go in my tank? i also searched that it is photosynthetic, would it also prefer DT phyto for food supplements? as for water currents, i have read they prefer moderate to strong currents and yet another search said they prefer circulation but nothing big. if any of you have experience and or heard of this coral and knows about it..please let me know. thank you.

These are generally considered fairly difficult to keep. It's a stony, so it's more a carnivore. Phytoplankton will feed what it eats, but isn't useful as a food for the alveopora. If you try it, give it microplankton. Borneman was raving about Ocean Pearls (the smallest size).

These are generally considered fairly difficult to keep. It's a stony, so it's more a carnivore. Phytoplankton will feed what it eats, but isn't useful as a food for the alveopora. If you try it, give it microplankton. Borneman mentioned Ocean Pearls (the smallest size) as one possible microplankton substitute.

Archived