Cultivated Reef

candy coral tips

pistonfister

I have a small peice of candy coral. I would to see if any one had tips on getting it to spread. I found a place in the tank were it seemed to do better. My tank is a 10 gallon with jbj 55w 10000k pc lighting. Thanks for any tips:blush:

I also keep mine in the sand. They seem to very happy there. I noticed on one of mine the center streched out then closed in the middle to form 2 centers is this how they spread?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry one more question. I am just curious what they attach to in there natural habitat? I would like to feed them but there feeding tenticles never seem to come out anymore:( however thwy look heathier than they ever have since I bought them.

I aggree with feeding. Mine are much better looking with a weekly feeding. I just picked up a bright green one this weekend. It's in rough shape but I haven't seen this color before. The picture doesn't do the color any justice. It's a very bright green.

grncandy.jpg

What is it that you feed these corals and how do you get it to take it? I have one just like netwizz and another one which is not as colorful but I would love to get them to grow better. Please let me know how it is that you guys feed them.

Thanks,

Ralph

I've been using mysis shrimp. Sometimes I feed each head with long tweezers and sometimes I use a turkey baster to kind of drop some when the feeding tentacles are out. Usually late at night or early in the morning before the lights come on.

This one is the pig of the bunch. It would eat every day if I fed it. Sorry about the picture. It was late so I just used the flash. To lazy to fire up the actinics.

feeding.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I use frozen and fresh shrimp & stuff from the grocery store. I don't think many softies will eat. I have a couple of big hairy mushrooms that will take food but all of the others are LPS. I have also heard ricordia mushrooms will eat but mine won't.

Archived