Innovative Marine Aquariums

I need help!

halfpint

I have an oeange Seastar and he is not looking so great. over the last few weeks he has been kind of shrinking. im not sure if he is starving or getting ready to spawn (i've heard that they are asexual) or what is going on. Here is a picture of him:

169_6985.jpg

He looks a lot smaller and bumpy. his tips have turned black a little on the very end of them. the tips are also curling up a little at all times. He hasn't been exploring the tank much lately and he mostly stays in the same spot. I've had him since November.

I am not sure of anything i can suppliment to get him more nutrition, so if anyone knows what they eat, then please let me know!

(btw, those clear bumps in the picture are not the ones he's showing now. the ones he's showing now look like knots under his skin.)

fishybusiness

I'm not an expert on starfish but I believe that one is a carnivore. I've read some articles about feeding starfish using dead seafood(preferably crustacean). I think if hunger is an issue then wait till it gets on the sandbed and place some food almost under it.

I tried feeding it some frozen krill and frozen bloodworms and he was not interested in either.

Try some Seaweed/Nori, you may have to rubberband it to a rock in a few different places around the tank. This star may be an algae eater and is not getting enough food.

Archived