Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hmmm, I think Shroom ate Wrasse!..

Web Guy

My Lubbocks Wrasse turned up missing today. I hope he is hiding somewhere. But he is one to cruise the tank all day long. I have a Giant Cup Mushroom that I got a few days ago. My wrasse was not small but I am hoping for the best.

19.jpg

21.jpg

after that, get rid of that shroom. lol. if you know it eats fish, why buy it?! plus the fact that they get HUGE!

artarmon42

A dead fish placed over its mouth maybe, or a stupid fish that sleeps on it maybe, but a mushroom isn't going to eat a live fish.

:P

The shroom does not look like he ate though. I might have to rip apart the LR in the middle chamber and check that. Some time I hear they jump back in the tank too,if that's the case. I should give him a night, Weird! He was there last night and now POOF gone.:)

Wrasses are prone to burying themselves too, they sleep like that. This may not be one that does that.. didn't research for ya there sorry. I just know I couldn't find mine one day and started to tear the rock work apart and here he comes out of the substrate...

HTH,

Tom

Yeah. A shroom isn't going to sting and capture a live fish. Maybe a stupid blennie that sits on it, but not a wrasse! :P If there's too much flow for the fish and it is in the back chambers, it might die from the stress/physical activity... :| Hope you find him, though. I'd advise trading that thing off for a nice yuma, though. Your tank looks cool, anyways! :)

I like the LARGE factor of the giant cup and it gives the tank a neat visual effect. I will look when I get back from my kids karate.:) Yasa Hashe is still there!

You should see what I picked up today!...More goodies.

Ok, UPDATE!! I found the little stinker in the 1st chamber below the pump pushing out thru the grate. He is very happy to be back in the tank.:)

He could not go any further Thank God due to the one sponge I run in there. I knew he could not get into chamber 2 from the top becaue I run purigen in that chamber and it is on top of the LR that is in chamber 2. So it is a guard or shield from fish to go in there.

FYI- The Giant Cups actually rolls up into a cup to feed with a small hole at the end. The fish get spooked or something and swim into the small hole and then he closes up. It's all about the trap!

BKtomodachi

Wrasses are also strange... when frightened they tend to have the "dont move" response.

Those do eat fish easily. I've witnessed one eat a damsel.

Archived