Coral Vue Hydros

20 gallon high (tell me what you think)

oceanhighz

well, here are the pics I have for now, I'm taking some mroe tonight. Lemme know what you think so far. My rockwork is alittle different now, and I also have some xenia and a leather now.

How many pounds of rocks do you have in there..? Looks like you could use a little bit more IMO.. and get a background for the tank.. otherwise, everything looks great!

yeah, I've been workin on a background that I'm designing, and I have about 15 pounds of rock, I've just been adding it slowly and trying to find pieces that will fit perfect at my lfs. I'm gonna keep adding rock, probably get 20-30 pounds from gulf-view after christmas. anyways, thanks for the compliment!

ANYONE ELSE?

Brandon

Good start! I also have a20 tall. I have about 22-25 lbs of rock in mine. I got some very big chunks because I liked the shapes but they were sure a challenge to fit in.

What kind of lighting are you using?

thanks lizbeth,

right now I have 2x28 watts PC and 2x15? watts NO overtop top the tank. I have some acro frags, mushrooms, and xenia, all growing well under the light. Any ideas what else I could do, I was thinking a frogspawn or hammer, but I would grow it from a frag, because I like watching things grow, and it's better to let something grow into a tank, rather than buy big pieces of coral and not be able to fit them. Plus when adding the coral frags, it's less of a bio-load than the bigger pieces.

I too have a 20Gl High tank, yours looks very good. I have a big Leather that is doing great that you might want to add also I have a Green Open Brain that would go nicely in your tank. All are thriving in my setup of aboput 4 months

BTW, Lizbeth

I notice you have a 5 Gl refugium. I have been thinking of setting up a 10 Gl Sump/Refugium, what do you use yours for? Do people actually use sumps/refugiums for 20 Gl tanks or are they useless?

Originally posted by ekudl

BTW, Lizbeth

I notice you have a 5 Gl refugium.  I have been thinking of setting up a 10 Gl Sump/Refugium, what do you use yours for?  Do people actually use sumps/refugiums for 20 Gl tanks or are they useless?

Mine has about 3 inches of sand, some live rock, razor macro,some snails and some rouge hermits. Part of the live rock is rubble I use for frags. I don't know what it does for the tank except add 25% more volume, which I believe is a good thing. It sits beside the main tank so it's visiable and looks interesting and pretty. I plan on adding a refuge to the 5.5 also. I'll probably custom build a HOB or modify some kind of small tank.

Archived