Pod Your Reef

11/16/02 New Pics

Crakeur

Ok, so I don't get asked later:

7 gallon aga bowfront with a 21/2 gallon aquafuge, hang on refugium.

70w HQI MW wit 32w pc actinic blue

one rio 90 and two micro pumps for additional flow

microchiller hang on chiller when the temp is hot (outside)

16 or so lbs of live rock

7 or so pounds of live sand

livestock:

refugium has caulerpa and god knows how many varieties of ministars, pods, worms and one golf ball sized turbo snail that I had to take out of the main tank.

main tank stock:

one false percula

one neon dottyback (likes to swim thru the outflow of the fuge and ends up in the third chamber of the fuge at times)

numerous red and blue leg hermits

various snails including nassarius, bumblebee, fighting conch

three purple tunicates

two types of Xenia (thanks satchmo for one of those)

two capnellas, one tiny (satchmo again) one too big

one toadstool leather coral

various zoanthids. green, orange, pink, purple and peach

one sally lightfoot (haven't seen it in days tho)

one lettuce nudibranch eating my hair like a god

one yellow cup coral

various acropora varieties

montipora cap

montipora dig.

one pocillopora green

one purple lobster

one crazy sponge growing all over one side of the tank

green star polyps (not doing well at the moment and might be removed for a smaller piece from the office

one oversized frogspawn with two branches (taken from the office to avoid death and thriving again).

ok, here's one shot of the tank, not so clear but they get better

in this shot you can see the baby capnella that satchmo gave me. it has nestled in right next to the cup. The cup usually looks much better but I had a rock stability issue and the poor thing got banged around a bit and also has been fighting the algae outbreak (which is getting better thankfully)

this last shot is not quite as good as I had hoped. with just the actinic on, the zoos glow in the dark. unfortunately you don't get the full effect as they aren't all opened up and the camera hasn't been taking such great shots of the tank in blue only lighting. still working on this problem. Incidentally, that acro frag right in front is a very funky blue color normally but I couldn't seem to capture it well in any of my shots.

Looking good my friend! How long have you had Patrick's SPS's in there?

Wait til you see how fast they encrust and grow. He is the only place I would go for SPS, hence he is the only person on my webpage that I send folks too...like my word means anything in the grand scheme of things! :)

Peace, and when you get a fraggin, I'll get a baggin I hope :)

-Bryan

Bryan, the frags are only a week or so old but man they are looking good. Also have a green montipora cap with purple edges. Hard to shoot pics of it tho. Maybe the next round.

As I mentioned on thesea.org, I will gladly send you bags upon bags of the only fraggable thing in my tank right now - hair algae.

Once I do have some fragging, end of december (unless I upgrade the tank size) you and Satchmo get first dibs on the goodies (satch first, I owe him).

Nice! Tank looks great Crak. Glad to hear your patented strain of "macro"algae is coming under control. I picked up an insane pink toadstool the other day. Never seen one this color, it's Pepto Bismol pink- gorgeous. I'll have to frag the hell out of this guy to keep it in my 10g, so you'll be getting a piece when you're ready to trade. My future zoos are lookin' good ;)

When I get home, I'll battle with my belligerent digi cam again and see what I can do to get up a pic of the Pink Panther. Yeah, the lettuce nudi is a foregone conclusion. A photosynthetic slug is just too damn cool. There's a guy from Rockland I've traded with several times who has bred the things (same guy that Capnella originally came from). I've been promised one when they grow out.

• 2 weeks later...

Crakeur

Can you tell me the source of your light fixture and what is a "70w HQI MW"?

I am thinking of setting up a 10G Nano for SPS over the holiday season.....

Archived