SaltCritters.com

New custom nano log

melbourne

Thanks - I replaced the 70w pendant with a 150w Aquaspacelight that was over my prop tank. The bulb needs to be replaced I'm going to order a Reeflux or Iwasaki. I also replaced the Remora Pro skimmer with a Deltec MCE600 - the skimmer gave me a bit more space in the tank and will help with reducing heat in the summer. I have a heavy fishload now in this nano, with a Tomato clown (one of the pair died since I had 2 major power outtages since my last post - the longest lasting 17 hours), Yellow Damsel, and Royal Gramma).

FTS - lots of microbubbles from skimmer since I'm not running the bubble reducer since it takes up too much space in this small tank. Also the bulb is old so everything is a bit too yellow for my tastes.

FTS02_28_12g.jpg

Misc SPS and Green Hammer

misc_monti_02_28_12g.jpg

Purple M.Digitata

purple_monti_02_28.jpg

M.Danae & Frogspawn

danae_02_28.jpg

Torch - I have 2 in the tank, the one of the left hosts the Tomato

torch_02_28.jpg

Royal Gramma that I bought from Reeftopia for $6

gramma_02_28.jpg

Yellow Damel

yellow_damsel_12g.jpg

Tomato Clown

tomato_02_28.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Tank Update:

Replaced old AB 10k bulb with slightly newer Iwasaki 50k bulb.

3 fish are doing well, outflow from skimmer generating too much current so had to add in a bleached acro as a water break and some rocks towards the bottom to prevent the sand from digging out.

FTS 3-20-06

fts_03_20_06-3.jpg

Light purple M.Digitata

purple_monti_03_20_06.jpg

Various M.Digitata & Hammer

collection_03_20_06.jpg

Orange M.Digitata

orange_monti_03_20_06.jpg

Green M.Nodosa

green_encrusting_03_20_06.jpg

A.Nana

coloring_back.jpg

Blue A.Millepora

blue_millie_03_20_06.jpg

Left bottom

left_bottom_03_20_06.jpg

Right bottom

right_bottom_03_20_06.jpg

Center bottom

center_bottom_03_20_06.jpg

Hey cool I got a quote from them on a frameless 20L, it was a good price but Ive heard alot of bad feedback on them. How is the build quality of the tank? Are the edges polished? And did they ship it to you?

BTW I looks good from the pics!

Hey cool I got a quote from them on a frameless 20L, it was a good price but Ive heard alot of bad feedback on them. How is the build quality of the tank? Are the edges polished? And did they ship it to you?

BTW I looks good from the pics!

Hi,

I picked it up from them at a show. Build quality is ok - not even close to a real show tank from the top glass builders. But it was cheap and its built like a tank so it was worth it IMO. A frameless 20L can be done just by stripping the plastic trim from an AGA 20L and cleaning up the silicone. I've done it before but AGA uses super thin glass and has a low safety factor to begin with so you are probably better off with a custom. I did my 12g out of 3/8" glass with low iron front pane.

Definately upgrade to a low iron front pane - it makes a big difference.

Oh and the edges are polished but not the best job, same goes for the silicon seams - a bit sloppy but that can be cleaned up easy enough.

Yeah I really don't like AGAs too much and wanted Starphire or Low Iron. Im thinking about building it from scratch. Thanks for the info

• 3 weeks later...

Tank update - fragged out a bunch of corals from my other tanks to add more interesting SPS in my nano. Running out of room to place corals - will start pulling some of the M.Digi's to make room for more acros.

FTS 4-05-06

12gFTS_04_05_06.jpg

Left side

left_04_05_06.jpg

Center

center_04_05_06.jpg

Right side

right_04_05_06.jpg

New frags some I've already mounted on rocks rest are on plugs sitting in sand for now.

Green acro - almost as hairy as a millie but it was in my other tank that has a Clown Goby so its still recovering

new_frag_04_05_06.jpg

Green A.Tenius had the main colony for years

new_frag2_04_05_06.jpg

Actually a blue millie - will color up in a few months, say no to clown gobies

new_frag4_05_06.jpg

ID? I fragged this recently off a wild colony

new_frags5_05_06.jpg

Fragged this off a dying table acro that I got for free from LFS almost a year ago - slow grower in my main tank.

new_frag3_04_05_06.jpg

Thanks, seams are ok - only needed a few minutes to clean up with a razor. Tank cost me $100 with low iron front pane, 3/8 glass so for the price it was worth it.

Excellent... I love the contrast between the xenias and sps... they really look great grown out together in the tank with the lps in the foreground.

Do you get any problems with the frogspawn and torch messin' with eachother, they look relatively close together? I know some people have no problems while others get serious warfare between the two.

Great looking tank :).

Thanks, I have two frogspawns next to the torch one to the left side and one to the front left. No issues although the current in this tank keeps the LPS from extending too far. I have LPS in close proximity in most of my tanks with good results with the exception of galaxia's which I have to isolate.

Archived