Cultivated Reef

What is micromussa, Alex?

Six

Acanthastrea echinata eats what for breakfast?

I was taking a peep at my tank as my new light was coming on (upgraded my 10g to a 175W 10K halide this week), loving it!

I almost crapped my pants at what I saw. There, in the left corner sat my micromussa and acanthastrea frags I recently got in trade.

Awww---cute little micro-

Amicro.jpg

Saweet little r'bow acan echinata-

AacanRBow.jpg

The acan was in the process, albeit the end of the process, of eating the micro! Yup, the mesoteric (sp) filiments were out, strewn across an inch of space or more, killing the micro.

well, needless to say I was left speechless at my forgetfullness. these ARE animals, DUH.

Honestly, I feel like the acan is wicked cool to have eaten the micro. I dunno, I guess i should cry, :*(

DONT PUT MICROS NEXT TO ACANS! FYI!

:) I'll post the killing later.

LPS WARFARE!!!!

Sorry to hear about that.

I think it was Tigah, who had a similar war happen, and took some really cool pics.

D

I was too bewildered to get *good* pics. LOL.

I'll have to ask Tigah about his LPS wars.

Thanks for the condolances. ;)

never put diff species of LPS too close to one another...

Tigah learned that the hard way w/one of his lord frags. just separate them and hope they recover :)

this is one of my acans attacking a nice ultra rare piece of cyphastrea...i lost that whole piece(2x4 inches) because of this attack. acanattack.jpg

Sorry, wrong answer Fred!

"More rudeness than reading capability."

Maybe I wasn't clear. I traded a coral for the micro. Not money. :D

Fred, if you don't have anything constructive, why post?

haha. that's just fred. u get used to it.

acan lords definitely should not be kept w/ acan echinatas and other acan species.

I THINK micromussa and acan lords are usually okay tho (well I haven't had any probs keeping them together at least).

but yeah, micromussa and acan echinata would be just as bad as an acan lord versus acan echinata.

fred smells like poo. it wasn't my fault on the reefing warfare incident though...my freaking turbo knocked off the glued on cyph frag onto the damn acan. bastard turbo.

Ohhhh, resident poop head. Gotcha. That's me on other sites, muhahaha. This one is where I live in a fantasy land. :D

I'm more ####ed that I didn't get to trade off the micro for something else, like a JBJ 6 to enter the build off contest. Bah, I don't need to spend money on that, I guess... :(

Honestly, that coral is a little boring. It's like a flower, kinda pretty, but damn, it doesn't do anything. Now, the echinata, that coral is A+ in my book. A true ####### of the coral world. LOL.

Oh okay...........and the coral you traded you got for free? Or the coral you traded for that one you got for free?

Somewhere along the lines you "paid" for that Micromussa, unless the coral faery comes to your house and drops off presents in your tank...if so..could you tell him/her/it to stop by mine?

Ugh...some people's children....dealing with the 12 year olds around here is getting tedious...

Cheers,

Fred

Obviously you just want to bust my chops, regardless of the answer I give. You do realize you sound like the sexualy frustrated old man on the fish forum, right? :D

Anywho, for those who would like to learn about the pussiness of micromussa, here's the post attack pic-

apostmicrommmmmmmmmm.jpg

and the attacker-

apostacanmmmmmmmmm.jpg

Reefer Addict

I've been pretty lucky when it comes down to warfare. The only problem I have had so far has been the time a snail knocked my green/purple acan on to my orange crush... I guess the orange crush prefers to be on top rather than on the bottom...:D

The good news is both pieces survived. Slight damage to the acan (which has since healed). No damage to the oranage crush.

Archived