ReefCleaners.org

Plate Coral... chances of survival?

Mirepa

Hello, my LFS gave me a plate coral said it might die.. well half the tentacles are out around the outer edge and none are out near the center (mouth). What are the chances this will recover? I hope so, I mean it was free! :)

BKtomodachi

Does it have good tissue coverage? Can you see white skeleton showing through? What are you water params and tank specs?

It may recover if you can see some tentacles. And if it dies, dont remove it. They like to sprout babies as they die.

Ayeee! Hope it doesn't nuke the tank. I don't know much about plate corals so I have no idea if it's doing better or not. This morning I noticed more of the tentacles are coming out. But its still not in good condition (nothing like pix ive seen).

Does it have good tissue coverage? Can you see white skeleton showing through? What are you water params and tank specs?

Well a little more then half has tissue coverage, and yes you can see lots of skeleton showing through. Water param is, 79F, 0 ppm down the line, I havn't tested my alk or calc in a while though ( i still does like i used to, should be good? ).

The tank is a 29g with 130w PC (50/50) + a 27w actinic T5 (helios). It is accompanied by a 25 gal fuge with tons and tons of calupera and chaeto (spellcheck), liverock and sand. With a prizm pro skimmer (yea yea I know its underratted for my tank).

At the moment I have a toadstool leather thats been thriving for about a year now (huge), a rock with about 80+ zoos, too much xenia and a bunch of GSP.

Archived