Top Shelf Aquatics

stocking 24g cube.

revkev6

hey guys, looking to start figuring out what I want for fish for my 24 gallon cube. I just set it up 3 days ago so I have a bit of time to decide.;) I like all the cute gobys and firefish. I was thinking maybe a perc as well. my question is due to the height of the cube I have a fair amount of open water at the top of the tank. I would like to have a fish that likes to swim in the higher open water. does anyone have a suggestion? maybe something like a yellow tail damsel? or some sort of cardinal? I have always set my freshwater tanks up so that I have a pretty equal distribution of fish between the bottom, middle and surface and I would like to have the same for my saltwater tank. I would like to keep my fish as peacefull as possible and reef safe as i plan to keep corals as well.

went to the LFS yesterday and talked to them. the guy there told me that a pigmy angel would be "perfect" for what I was looking for. I have read that they should be kept with caution in a reef tank as they have a tendancy to nip soft corals. I still say I'm leaning towards a yellow-tail damsel between the two

Don't get a damsel unless you plan on only having the damsel (and with the 24, I imagine you want more than one). They are too territorial, and as adults will kill other fish you keep with it.

I have a stock 24 and was thinking of a Pygmy, not sure how reef safe they are, might want to make sure they have plenty of food, incase you have corals..... I have a very small False Percula and a Red Firefish so far......

Archived