SaltCritters.com

chillers.

SeaFish

have any of you had any experience on ice prob chillers? how well does it work? is it noisy? when i did a search it, the article said it lowers aquarium tank temperatures by 6-10 degrees depending on the size of the tank that is under 20 gallons. Is it worth the money? My tank is currently at 82 degrees F. I know i wont have a problem with heat temperature in the winter, but when summer arrives, my aquarium tank temp usually is raised to about 88 degrees F. i am trying to search ahead so that when summer arrives i am prepare. What do you all think about the ice prob chillers? also, any suggestion in lowering the water temp during the summer will be appreciated. thank you all

For summer cooling...how hot is the room the tank is kept in? What kind of hood do you have? How much air circulation is there around your lighting?

You would probably be better off using a cooling fan than a chiller...

From the description at Marine Depot: "A single IceProbe can cool 10 gallons of water 6-8F below ambient air temperature in a standard aquarium. ... A separate temperature controller must be used to turn the the device on or off at predetermined temperatures."

the tank is kept in my room. my room let say on a 90 degrees day is about 90 degrees on the day. Its pretty much teh same temperature. i have a acrlic tank with acrylic hood. its completely covered on teh sides and front leaving the back with opening for air circulation. the opening is about 20inches in length and 3 inches in height. Currently i have no fans or anything what so ever cooling the lighting system except for the venting opening just describe on the back of the hood. I dont want my tank temperature to reach a tempearture of 85 degrees F or up and i was wondering what is the best way to cool it down when it comes to that? how much difference would a fan have if i do go in that direction? also, are fans noisy since this tank is in my room, i like to have a quiet fan. Please advise. thank you.

Archived