Top Shelf Aquatics

nano customs questions

patio

i wanna get the 2005 Nanocustoms Modded JBJ 6g 3.18

1. do they just give you the whole tank or just the hoods?

2. were are they located? (i really dont like having ship anything) can i pick my syatem up?

3. do their systems come fully assembled or is their some diy involved?

has anyone here had any bad experiences with them?

thank you;)

just wanna be safe!

Hey patio,

this isnt fair for me to answer ALL the questions, but i will answer what I can:

i wanna get the 2005 Nanocustoms Modded JBJ 6g 3.18

1. do they just give you the whole tank or just the hoods?

>> Its offered in both fashions. to get the hood/ballast only, choose "hood/ballast only" in the installation options. By default a system is a complete system with the tank and all items that come stock.

2. were are they located? (i really dont like having ship anything) can i pick my syatem up?

>> we are in newbury park (near thousand oaks). We also have willcall in the LAX area.

3. do their systems come fully assembled or is their some diy involved?

>> If you get a "complete" system they come fully assembled and with a 6 month limited warranty.

has anyone here had any bad experiences with them?

>> Never!!! Just kidding. here and there there have been some sporadic reliability issues with T5s, some compliants about minor cosmetics or order errors. On the most part, I try to run this company the way I'd want it to be if I was spending my hard earned money on a bucket of water.

Heres 1 thing tho: expect superflous support from nanocustoms. I have had tanks bust (absolutely no fault of mine) and my customers get replacements shipped to them (From ME at MY cost) until JBJ settles with them. If JBJ says NO, we split the difference in tank + shipping.

Please guys, answer him so I dont look like a money grubbing reef pirate...

Chris

thank you

just wanna be safe!

thanks for the reply

if i get the whole tank can you guys do some mods with circulation for me? i'll pay you its just that i want to make this a really cool 6 g and dont have much experience in diy stuff.

patio

I'll answer for ya. As someone who has dealt with nanocustoms in the past, let me say, the company and the guy are 1st rate. No problems, at all. Fast shipping, great product and a guy that willing to spend lots of time talking to you about any problems that you might be having, hell he even does that if ya don't buy anything from him. You will be more then happy with this company and it's products.

Mark

embryoguy

patio, i havent orderd from chris yet, but he has been very helpful in my nanocubes, despite not being a customer, yet. i have 3 nanocubes that ive modified slightly myself. but i ve seen prob. 95% of the threads about nanocubes on here and all the ones with modifications from nanocustoms, is all positive.

everytime i see someone order a nanocustoms nanocube i get jealous. the modifications from what ive heard/seen have a very manufactured look. and thats the biggest diff.ive noticed between diy s and nanocustoms work. well besides some reefers, like tigah/uchida,shinlo, which are at another level than most reefers.

most diy projects ive seen dont have that manufactured look that i personally would want.

again, ive not seen one negative thread about nanocustoms. and apparently there success is building so they most be doing something right.

your question about circulation. i added a minijet 606 to my 6 gallon and the circulation is much better. i would strongly advise that if you want noticeably inc. circulation. the stock pump for the 6gallon is junk. keep it as a temp. backup.

good luck on your decision.

okay thanks for all of the info! you guys make them seem flawless and i realy think im gonna get one but i dont know it i should set up another 12g or my first 6g? does anyone have any pics of a nano customs 6g?

ParaDiddle

yeah... NanoCustoms.com all the way. I got a Larnie hood for my 12g and it's great. Very professionally done and saved me the hassle of doing the work myself. Too bad fedex damaged it cosmetically, but Chris is great. He's filing a claim and making me a new hood. Top notch service and quality products.

Archived