Coral Vue Hydros

help attaching yuma

genuck

ok, i found this cute green and blue yuma polyp the other day, it had some substrate attached to its base. today i tried glueing it by the substrate to a rock. well in about five hours the little bugger had detached from the subsrate, now i have a layer of sand glued to my rock and this guy is still floating around my tank. should i wait for it to attach to substrate again or try a mesh or rubberband technique. what are your suggestions?

I'm a fan of the good 'ol shot glass technique. I'd put in sum rubble or sand and the ric/mushroom and put it in low flow. Sooner or later it will attach and you can try again at glueing it into place.

rubberbands are prolly too drastic, but ive never tried it.

good luck

thanks for the help guys. i tried a modified shot glass technique (don't drink so i don't have any around) and the little bugger kept escaping. last night he squeezed between two frags and i left him until this morning. when i moved the frags to fish him out he'd attached to a piece of my live rock... i can't believe a little coral can be so naughty! :angry:

ojyarumaru

I just use a rubber band. I leave it on for about 2 weeks, and sometimes, it even forms mouths in the pinched areas (in my other shrooms).

Archived