Coral Vue Hydros

Question for Bio-Sea Users

GobyMan

Now, I am not one to jump to conclusions, but just want to offer my experience with using Bio Sea so far. Yesterday I did a one gallon w/c like I do every week, only difference was this week I used Bio-Sea. Everything looked good after the change but before the lights went out, I noticed my beige montipora was almost all the way closed up, I don't remember a time where I couldn't see the polyps extended. This afternoon upon coming home from work, I noticed the polyps partially extended, but the color of the tissue was very washed out...I'm starting to get concerned. Everything else seems to look ok. I am going to attach before/after pictures of the monti...tell me what it looks like to you....

Ok, before picture (this is what the coral always has looked like, notice the color between the polyps)

DSCN0350.JPG

Now, a picture from today...

DSCN0586.jpg

Again, I am not suggesting anything, just wanted to document the progress of my tank after introducing a new element (salt)

Chris,

Are you thinking stress from the w/c or stress from the new type of salt? As far as w/c goes, none of my corals have ever behaved this way after a w/c or have had this type of reaction before. I guess maybe they are sensative to the new salt mix and that is it. I hope so....

Archived