Cultivated Reef

Where to buy bulkheads&plumbing?

Latent

Okay, so maybe this isn't a nano-reef question. Get those flamethrowers ready, then. =p

I picked up a floor model tank from New World here in NYC. 125 gallons, twin rear corner overflows. 72" wide, the silly thing. Rah! It even had two holes pre-drilled in the bottom in each corner, 1.6" and 1.75". So four holes total. I don't want to buy plumbing from New World, and wouldn't have bought the tank either except it was obscenely big, and they wanted to get rid of it, so I (think) I got a deal. So, where can I buy bulkheads? If I'm correct, the 1.6" hole takes a 3/4" and the 1.75 takes a 1".

I tried home despot (not a misspelling - I don't really like those guys), but they didn't have them, or somehow I missed it? I checked the whole plumbing/PVC area top to bottom, and even asked, but only got blank stares. I tried other LFS's... nada. Can I order them online somewhere? Got a link?

Also, I'd love any advice on what wet-dry to get, if I should cap off the 1.6" holes and just run the filtration through the 1" line... what size return pump, yada yada. I'll even admit my dirty little secret, so you don't suggest the wrong stuff - It's for FRESH WATER!

*DUCK* :o :*( :x

i got a bulkhead attachement (3/4") to fit one of your holes that i never used and is still brand new...name a price and ill send it to you from over here in CA ;)

tanks!

try marinedepot.com or thatpetplace.com or petwarehouse.com (dr. foster whatever). it may be better to request a catalog from the latter two (i'm not sure if marine depot has a written catalog). the catalogs should hold the info/pics for the bulkhead and pre-filters.

i'd still get the pvc pipe from home despot, lowe's or at least some local hardware/plumbing store for saving $$$. ;)

Marinedepot has *pictures*! Oh, praise the lord!

I was having trouble picturing what a bulkhead even looked like. I've never worked with a drilled tank before. :blush:

Thanks.

Reefitis: Thanks for the offer, but I want to get it all together. All the fuss for a single bulkhead... bleh! I appreciate the thought, though. :D

Archived