SaltCritters.com

What kind of coral is this?

emi

jenniebutterfly

count the tentacles on a polyp, if it is 24 you could have the dreaded gonipora if it has 12 you could have an alveopora. looks to be a gonipora though which are very hard to take care of. btw, never buy any coral until you have researched them to avoid buying one that may not make it. there is limited success with gonipora.

thanks alot, i did count them and it does have 24 tentacles. how hard is it to keep these guys and what kind of requirements do they need?

jenniebutterfly

you will have to look it up, i have no experience with it at all, and don't want to give wrong info.

BKtomodachi

Pretty much just return it. VERY hard to keep... eric borneman has trouble with it if that means anything....

reef n ale

Looks like Jen is right on the Goniopora spp. I got one online that I didn't ask for (long story!). Mine is eating Liquid Life Marine Plankton (cyclopeeze) and chopped Mysis shrimp. I was a bit surprised about the Mysis, but it seems to love it, and it actually looks much better than when I got it. Take that for what it's worth, and do some research for sure.

Rob

Archived